FORENSIC SCIENCE - MIXED MODE
Master of Science (Forensic Science) Mixed Mode Programme is offered to produce forensic professionals to meet the demand of forensic science practitioners and law enforcement agencies.
Based on the inputs from key stakeholders, forensic practitioners, academics and stringent benchmarking against renowned forensic science institutions both locally and internationally, this programme has been designed to allow prospective candidates to specialise in various fields of forensic science.
This programme will equip prospective candidates with current knowledge, techniques and essential skills in forensic science which will be assimilated through well-designed theoretical and practical sessions. It also serves as a platform for prospective candidates to pursue PhD in forensic science.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit the Institute of Postgraduate Studies (IPS) website at www.ips.usm.my for online application.
1. Bachelor of Science (Forensic Science, Biology, Chemistry, Health Science or other related and recognised degree with CGPA ≥ 2.75.
2. Bachelor degree as in section (i) with CGPA 2.50 – 2.74 AND
- at least one (1) year research experience OR
- at least one (1) years working experience OR
- one (1) academic publication OR
- obtained at least B in a major course OR
- at least B+ in final year research project.
3. Bachelor degree as in section (i) with CGPA 2.00 – 2.49 AND
at least five (5) year research experience OR
at least five (5) years working experience AND
one (1) academic publication OR
obtained at least B in a major course OR
at least B+ in final year research project.
*Additional English Language requirement for international students: Please refer to www.ips.usm.my
- Fundamental of Forensic Science and Crime Scene Investigation
- Techniques and Application for Forensic Science
- Research Methodology for Forensic Science
- Ethics and Legislation in Forensic Science
- Forensic Chemistry
- Forensic Biology
Dissertation (20 unit)
Total units for Graduation (40 Unit)
FOR MORE INFORMATION
MSc (Forensic Science) Mixed Mode Programme
School of Health Sciences, Health Campus
16150 KubangKerian, Kelantan